Cisco Privacy Portal
Cisco's privacy portal is dedicated to sharing our privacy and compliance journey with customers, partners and colleagues. We recognize that a key to our business is building and maintaining trust, reducing risk and simply doing what is right. Fundamental to that concept is our philosophy that "Protecting information is everyone's responsibility."
The Cisco Online Privacy Statement and this summary apply to Cisco's websites and our affiliates' websites that link to the Statement.
Cisco respects and is committed to protecting your personal information. Our privacy policies reflect current global principles and standards on handling personal information – notice and choice of data use, data access and integrity, security, onward transfer and enforcement/oversight. Below are some of the highlights of our Online Privacy Statement.
- We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as processing your order, providing you with a newsletter subscription, personalizing your experience, or in connection with a job application.
- We will inform you of the purpose for collecting personal information when we collect it from you and keep it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or for legitimate purposes.
- We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
- We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites through the use of various technologies, including cookies.
Notice and Your Choices of Data Use
- We will use your personal information for the purpose it was collected and will not use it for a different purpose without first asking for your permission.
- We will ask your permission before we share your personal information with third parties for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise stated in our Online Privacy Statement.
- For information relating to your use of our websites, you may turn off cookies in your browser.
Data Access and Integrity
- To update your personal information and communication preference, contact email@example.com or visit the specific product or service web site.
- We are committed to protecting your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure.
- As a global company, we may transfer your personal information to Cisco in the United States, to any Cisco subsidiary worldwide or to third parties acting on our behalf located outside of the country where the data is collected where data protection standards may be different.
- We do not transfer your personal information to third parties unless those third parties promise to give the information the equivalent level of protection that we provide.
- We follow privacy policies and data protection practices not only to comply with the law but to earn the trust and confidence in Cisco.
- We address inquiries or complaints regarding personal information promptly and courteously. Cisco is a member of TRUSTe (www.truste.com) so if you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact TRUSTe here.
- Cisco participates in the EU Safe Harbor Privacy Framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce. As part of the participation in the Safe Harbor, we have agreed to TRUSTe Watchdog dispute resolution for disputes relating to our compliance with the Safe Harbor Privacy Framework.
To find out more about our privacy practices, see the Cisco Online Privacy Statement. Also, for additional information about our privacy and security compliance program, we encourage you to visit our Privacy Portal.
Last updated: February 2014
Supplemental Privacy Information
- AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Supplement
- CiscoJabberVideo.com Supplement
- Cisco Jabber Supplement
- Cisco Project Squared Evaluation Supplement
- Cisco WebEx Files Supplement
- Cisco WebEx Meetings, Meeting Center and Event Center Supplement
- Cisco WebEx Messenger Supplement
- Cisco WebEx Telepresence Supplement
- Identity Services Engine Supplement
- Integrated Security Appliance Supplement
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Privacy Supplement
- Network Magic Solutions Supplement
- Networking Academy Supplement
- WebEx MeetMeNow and WebOffice Supplement
- WebEx Social Supplement
- WebEx Support Center and Training Center Supplement
How to Contact Us
Mail: Cisco Systems, Inc.
170 West Tasman Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Learn more about Data Privacy
Powering the Human Network means protecting it as well. Protecting the privacy of you and your family is important to Cisco. To help you understand how to protect your privacy, Cisco has published some helpful guidelines, both in commemoration of Data Privacy Day and on-going at Online Privacy Portal.